A bicycle can be rent at several bike rentals near Centraal Station.
- Leave Central Station on the north side near the north side entrance/exit gate. You are now in front of the IJ River, the harbour of Amsterdam.
- Take Ferry F2 for cycles to IJplein (Amsterdam-Noord). Be sure that you have the right one!
- Directly after you got ashore, go straight ahead to Meeuwenlaan.
- Stay on Meeuwenlaan until you see 'Dirk van den Broek' supermarket on the right side. Tip You could buy here some provisions (food and beverages) for your tour.
- You are still on Meeuwenlaan when you pass a big roundabout, and then, on your right hand side, you see Bredero College, a school building.
- Directly after the school, turn right and enter the park 'WH Vliegenbos' in the direction of the camping site.
- Follow the signs of 'Schellingwoude' Cycle Route. Pass on your left hand side Camping Vliegenbos. Directly after the camping you go to the left, still folowing the signs 'Schellingwoude' route.
- If everything went fine you leave the park and you arrive, with a slight slope, after 100 m at 'Nieuwendammerdijk', an old dike with historical wooden houses that are very characteristic for the Waterland region.
- On Nieuwendammerdijk, go to the right, and follow the dike road for only 150 m.
- Turn left down the slope into 'Meerpad' and pass by the small charming wooden Baptist Church (Doopsgezinde Gemeente).
- At the end the road makes an angle to the left, turn right, cross the brick bridge, and turn right again to arrive on the cycle path.
- Follow the gravel coloured cycle path, underneath the viaduct. When you arrive at the waterside, turn left, and after a while you'll cross 'Werengouw' main road, take care of the traffic.
- On your left you see a large parking place of shopping mall 'Boven 't IJ'. Continue on the 'Baanakkerspad' bike path along the water side and through Baanakkerspark.
- The bike path ends at 'JH van Heekpad', turn right. The bridge is behind you.
- Turn left onto Jisperveldstraat.
- Turn left onto Beemsterstraat and cycle under the A10 motorway.
- After 500m turn right at the cycle route signs and cross the water. You are now heading to the village with church of Zunderdorp.
- Bike through the village and turn right at the end of the road onto Het Voorwerf.
- Follow Broekergouw road and - after 1.7km (halfway through Broekergouw) - turn left into the cycle path through the grasslands.
- After 1km you arrive at Kruisweg. Cross the road and continue onto the cycle path.
- After 120m turn left and bike across the ditch.
- Turn right onto Eilandweg.
- After 200m turn left and cross the charming, white drawbridge.
- Take the pedestrian tunnel under the road, and turn left onto Parallelweg and Dorpsstraat.
- After 200m you have reach Havenrak, the small harbour of the historic village of Broek in Waterland.
From here you have a nice view over the village with its church, canals and charming wooden houses.
Tip Return to Amsterdam via a different cycle route